Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trashy Tuesday




O, hell, I don't know what to write about today. I'm trying to think of a comparison topic for a 600-word essay. Think I might compare Harry Potter to Percy Jackson (since I'm kind of an addict in that respect).

Something that's been niggling at the back of my brain:
I have a Twitter account, but the fact remains that in order to get your point across, you have to abbreviate things like 'for' (4) and 'you are' (u r) to get your more than 140 character-post to fit. It's amazing that kids nowadays can even spell their own names! We're just giving them the excuse and a reason as to why they cannot form a complete sentence or use the word 'you're' correctly. *sigh* Texting isn't much better. I almost always refuse to abbreviate when I text - especially to my sister in law ('I no, but wht r u doin ths wknd can u n bubba com nd c bree' would be what I would receive), and it drives me up the wall.

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in British and American Literature. I've purchased two books simply because I wanted them...and they're grammar books (LDs, Eats, Shoots and Leaves is absolutely hilarious!).

I know this could have gone on the B&M Monday, but it's just something that drives me nuts on a daily basis, and I had to share with you.

I don't know why I picked 'Trashy Tuesday' as the title of this post. Confederate Railroad's "Trashy Women" song has been running through my head since last Thursday. That used to be my drinking song with my mumsy. We found it funny as all hell. We're nowhere near trashy (anymore), so the song really doesn't fit. It's still our song, though.

I've probably posted that picture before, but it's still my favorite. I really need to get a better camera, or fully learn how to use the one I have...and leave the damn date set off.

Heepwah, and be safe out there

Your comparing-essay-writing
Mrs Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.