Sunday, March 21, 2010

One Hundred!

LDs, I didn't think I'd make it this far. This is my 100th postie!

I started this blog on a lark. I was blogging quite informally when I had a Myspace account (lame), and I tried to post at least twice a week (alas, didn't always work out that way. Kind of like here.) and over there, I had friends who commented on the Ashley/Andrew story - told me what worked, what made sense, and what made them go "WTF are you talking about, Mrs D (of course, over there, I wasn't Mrs D. I was just me. Not that I'm not me NOW, but you get my point.).

I rambled over there. I posted stupid quizzes that others had sent me, and at the time, I found amusing (ya know, I might do that again. Just because.)

Now, look at me. I have ten followers (four of you whom I've never met, and wouldn't give up for anything!)! You comment, commiserate, snark and shine with me.

Lately, I've been blah. Not about blogging, but about life in general. There are days when I'm really glad Mr Realist doesn't read my blog, and there are days I wished he did. Mostly, it comes in waves - when I've had a horrible, rotten, no-good day (and that's more often than not anymore, LDs...and it's mostly because of things that I have no control over).

The knee is slowly getting better, and Doc's been giving me more exercises to do. Right now, I spend about an hour and a half in knee strengthening therapy. Boy...really glad that I don't have anything better to do three nights a week (extreme roll of the eyes). Seriously? If you're going to have me do harder exercises, you need to move out of the ones that are semi-duplicates or don't really work what needs to be at all. At least it's getting stronger, and I think it's helping me get my half hour, three days a week of exercise in! :)

Went and saw Alice In Wonderland today. It was good, but there were quite a few times when (unless we were fluent in Gobbledygook [wow...spellcheck didn't bat a letter at that], which we're not), that you couldn't understand a bit. Can't wait for it to come out on video. Buy it and watch it with the closed-captioning on!

Bought some fake nails today. Thinking about putting them on, and then painting them some totally lurid (I so love that word) shade of blue-green. What do you think? And if you tell me I'm too old for weird nail varnish, I'll most likely flip you my blue-green manicured bird. :)

Anyway, I have a question. What's your choice on a new point-n-shoot camera that's not going to break my bankroll? The one we have, while still decent, is horrid at taking pics quickly (it's a Kodak EasyShare; about 7 years old, 2.0 megapixels). Thoughts?

I'm feeling better (think it's probably just the fact that's it's been a fabulous weekend), so if you were sending up prayers for me, it's working.

Heepwah, and be safe out there.

Your cool, calm, and generally collected
Mrs Dreamer

*celebrate good times - come on!*

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post! You now have 11 followers (I totally thought I had you on my list. I'm sure you are in my reader!)

    I actually fell asleep during Alice. Paid 15 bucks and I fell asleep... isn't that always the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, luv! You're awesome (and still hoping it's a sticky line for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Huge congrats! I'm so proud of you lady, and I love visiting your blog-I can't wait to read 100 more!

    Loves, Kisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((Hugs)) Kish! totally diggin on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 100th Postday! I am a couple months away but I am already planning a really big event. Its actually a white party at Diddy's mansion and everyone will get a bottle of champagne with a smaller bottle of champagne inside of it! But hey congrats to doing 100 posts. That requires... I have no idea. It requires something. As Groucho Marx said, "You've got it kid... and you can keep it!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boomka - as long as there is orange juice to make wicked mimosas, we're golden! :)

    ReplyDelete

Be safe out there.