*yeah, that's me freaking out*
Mrs. Gamgee over at Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings has bestoweth on my my first bloggy award!
When you win this award, you have to list ten things that make your day and then list ten blogs worthy of this award. Post a link to the blogs you've nominated, and make sure they know you've nominated them.
*dressed in a glitzy cognac gown, diamonds and pearls at ear, throat, and wrist; Mrs D ascends to the stage*
"I'd like to thank Missus Gamgee for nominating me for this award. I'll try to keep this short and sweet so they don't play me off!
Ten things that make my day:
1. My husband. When I've had a horrible, rotten, no-good day, he always tries to cheer me up. Love you, Mr Realist.
2. Books. I have an addiction, I know. I'm not going through a Twelve-Step Program for this one.
3. Seeing my favorite tie-dyed shirt hanging in the closet, clean and ready to wear.
4. Daisy and Duke (my dogs) first thing in the morning. They always make me smile.
5. Sitting down to a meal with Mr Realist or family or friends or all of the above. Conversation, food, and drink all blending into a harmonious song.
6. My girlfriends - Jessi, Jen, Michelle, Carla, Carrie, Lena (ones I've met). Kisha, Aunt Becky, and Missus Gamgee (ones I want to meet). Elizabeth, Nikki, and Kaz (maybe if I win the lottery, I'll get to meet).
7. Getting email from a friend that's not a lame-ass forward.
8. Getting mail that's not a bill - even if it's just a pretty catalog of shiz I can't afford.
9. Pretty jewelry - real or costume.
10. Getting a good hug from anyone. :)
There are ten people I'd like to nominate in turn for this fabulous award. They are my LDs, my little dreamers. I'm getting to know most of them, and they're all just as awesome as I am. I'd love to renominate Missus Gamgee, but that wouldn't be fair. We have to spread the awesome around.
1. Kisha of In Through The Out Door
2. Aunt Becky of Mommy Wants Vodka
3. Em Static at Heart and Hairspray
4. Kristin at Dragondreamer's Lair
5. Lady of the House at Checking the Electrical Box
6. Apryl of AHStudios
7. Dawn at PGoodness
8. MommyGeek of MommyGeekology 2.0
9. Willow of Life at Willow Manor
10. Mrs. Chicken of Tales From The Chicken Coop
I read all of these fine ladies, and I've randomly run across some of them through other blogs...sometimes three or four deep! Some are moms, some aren't. But they're all pretty damn funny.
Again, thank you for your kind nomination, and I'll pass along my Torch of Awesomeness!"
*is helped down the stage stairs by her TV husband, David Boreanaz, who kisses her (very naughtily, I might add) before escorting her to her seat.*
Ahhh...that was such a fun awards show. Hope to see you all next year!