Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dreamlet 20 July 2010

I'll give you this disclaimer. It might be disjointed, and you might need an explanation (and I'll give you one if I have one), but this is how I dream:

** Mr Realist and I had a discussion last night. I'd been invited to dinner by a friend from high school that I haven't seen in more than ten years (and yes, it's a guy). I'm going, but Mr Realist wasn't invited. E is in Decatur for the next six weeks working on a job (he's a pipeliner), and he just wants to catch up. E is married. Mr Realist wasn't too thrilled that he wasn't invited. The last time we did something with a friend from high school, it was incredibly awkward, and they both felt left out because I was trying to keep them both included, and it wasn't working because they had nothing in common. Before you tell me that I shouldn't be going at all, know this: friends from high school who have made the effort to keep in touch or get back in touch deserve communication. And if they're close enough, dinner or lunch or coffee is what we do. I'm not an idiot.

~~
Sitting at the restaurant (mind you, it's in the town. I. Live. In. It's not like I'm going to a hotel bar...sheesh), E and I are laughing about something stupid someone did in hs when Mr Realist and a friend comes in. They're seated across the room, and Mr Realist keeps staring...until I notice him. He comes over.

me: "You followed me?"
him: "You were the one who told me where you were going. That's your fault."
me: "I was right. You don't trust me."
him: "Well, you are a passionate woman and you said you had a thing for him in high school."
me: "Are you serious? You could go out after work with the girls to the bar, especially when Tits was still there, and she hit all over you and I trusted you and I was just supposed to be ok with it?! I didn't follow you - I just called to see when you would be home. Oh, and I was just supposed to be ok when you drove home fucking drunk, and you thought it was funny? Fuck this."

And that's all I remembered when I woke up this morning.

Not pleasant, I know. But it's a dreamlet.

As I do this, I might include notes of stories that I'm working on.

What are you dreaming about?

Heepwah, and be safe out there

Ms D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.