Thursday, July 22, 2010

Written Word Wednesday

LDs, I'd love to have your input...that is, if you're a reader and likes the romancy-stuff.

Ya see, I've got a story that I just can't work out how K & mum semi-reconcile their differences (if they even do). K ran away from home when she was sixteen because of abuse. She's pushed her family out of her mind and doesn't want to think about them. Eleven years later, she runs into her mum and doesn't recognize her...until two days later. She's getting married, and she wants to either put her mum out of her life completely, or work toward rebuilding that relationship.

I've been getting some cheese-tastic ideas - most of them involve K going and shanking her mum in the middle of the beach or something equally violent.

While there for a while, that's what I wanted to do to my mum and stepdad when I was still living with them, this is a romance, and I'd really like there to be a happy ending (not that kind, feckin pervs).

If anyone out there has some input from a psychological or personal experience perspective (you don't have to tell me which one; stay anon for all I care). I'm just stuck.

Mind you this, K is still planning a wedding, selling a couple of art studios, and getting ready to move all the way from California to South Carolina.

Thoughts? Ideas? Tell me to shank mum on the beach? :) I'm not above using Facebook, Twitter, or any of the other social media sites for initial contact. You'll have to suspend your disbelief in the fact that in eleven years, K really has had NO desire to contact her mother (who is now on her third marriage).

If you want, email me and we can talk about it. I know there are some of you on my FB page (see sidebar); there was a discussion going a few months ago, but it was kind of vague (at least for me).

Help a sister out.

Heepwah, and be safe out there.

Ms D

1 comment:

  1. Happy ICLW!!

    Just a thought that came to mind as I was reading this post, not sure if it is too cheesy for you or not:

    What about she decides to walk away from her mother, but it ends up that her mother attends the wedding as the guest of one of the grooms business associates, and the mother watching her daughter getting married, discovered what she has put her daughter through and how much she misses her, this just starts the road to repairing their relationship??

    ReplyDelete

Be safe out there.