Friday, January 8, 2010

Hells Yes I Can!

You know, Dear Readers, that I am a woman of many...um...talents (yes, talents), and um...ideas (sure), and...erm...well...we'll just go with talents and ideas. I got into blogging as a way to vent my frustrations with softball and stuff and ideas and thoughts and, well, you know. Just an online journal that my friends could read (glad that I could amuse you). Not about work, because Dooce could tell you about why it's death to blog bad stuff about your day job.

I am totally girl crushing on Aunt Becky (no, she's not my real aunt). She's funny, she's cute, she's popular to boot (OMFG, I just channeled Bring It On. Shoot me now. Please). You really need to check her out at Mommy Wants Vodka.

I somewhat enjoy blogging. I think it kind of disturbs me that there's not a lot of comment love going here on Cloud 9. But...I have to give it some time, right? Right? Yes (just smile and nod).

Anyways, Aunt Becky has given us an interview.

I like her interviews.

1. Dave and I have a long-standing feud over cheese in a can. He thinks its the food of The Gods while I think it's probably Of The Devil. Your take? Sorry Aunt Becky, I have to go with The Daver on this one. Loves the spraycheese on Ritz. But it has to be the real stuff - no generic spraycheese for this Dreamer (isn't that an oxymoron? generic spraycheese?).

2. Is there any way you can think of to make the elder Gosselins go away? I AM ALL EARS. No, but if any of yous figures out a way, you have my full support!

3. Who is your ridiculous "I can't admit this to anyone in polite company lest I be banned from life" crush? And you really expect me to post them here?? *sigh, and yes I said 'them'*
Jacuzzi Splot. Ryoga Hibiki. And Charlie Weasley. (o God, what have I done?)

4. If you could fuck it all and pursue your dream (assuming, of course, you were going to be GOOD at it), what would that dream be? An actress/country singer.

5. They say "living well is the best revenge." I think they are wrong. Do you? I'm torn on this. Coming from an abusive household and constantly being told by the stepfather that 'you'll never amount to anything,' living well could be construed thusly:
I have a high school and a college education. I'm happily married to my college sweetheart. We have our own cars and a home. I have two wonderful dogs and two cute rats. I have superfuckawesome friends. I have an imagination that keeps me happy.
If this means 'living well,' then I spit in the face of the stepfather with 'ha ha, you dumb fuck - you were WRONG!' Other than that, I don't see how that's possible.

6. What is the most humiliation you've experienced in public that you'd be willing to admit to The Internet? Probably mishearing my math teacher my freshman year in high school. I could swear on a stack of Bibles that she had said we could use our books on the last ten minutes of our final to check our work. Needless to say, I was the only one who calmly whipped out her book at ten till whatever time we were supposed to be done, and started flipping through it. She took pity on me, and only docked me ten points (I still passed).

7. Are you honest with The Internet? Like, if I came over to your house tonight (heh)(I'm coming over, yo)(heh), would I be surprised at who I found? Not really, but you'd have some peace and quiet. You'd find me on the interwebz and Mr. Realist WoWing it up.

8. If you could have one talent that you currently don't possess, what would it be? Talent? Don't know. But it would be fabulous to have wings and fly. I want dragon wings (and not the nasty vestigial ones. I want the pretty blue/green scaly ones).

9. There's not always room for Jello. Is there? Not always. I loves the Jello, but someone can fuck up a good thing like no body's business. Example: my grandmother makes Jello salad on a weekly basis - cherry Jello with mixed fruit, lime Jello with pineapple and cottage cheese, or orange Jello with pineapple and carrots (don't knock it - it's awesome). The stepfather's brother in law, not to be outdone by my mom's mom, decided he'd try his hand at Jello salad. No one ate it. Only someone on copious amounts of drugs would find cherry Jello with mixed vegetables in it appealing. Also, there's no room for Jello when you've eaten yourself into a food coma.

10. What's your guilitest of the guilty pleasures? Erm... well...there are some really guilty ones that I'd prefer not to give away here (can't air all of my dirty laundry, now can I?). Most of them involve fantasizing about people I have no business doing so about :)

Well, there you have me...or more of me...well, you know.

Grab a button, post your own!


Heepwah, and be safe out there.
Mrs. D

1 comment:

  1. The jello thing is pretty darn scary. My great grandmother did this horribly disturbing combination of tomatoes and strawberry jello... ick! Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

Be safe out there.