Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010!

Technically, it's 'Good morning, Dear Readers,' (since it happens to be 12.02 in the am of 3 January. I pulled this post from two of my fave bloggers - Aunt Becky at Mommy Wants Vodka and Kisha at In Through The Out Door (would help if at some point I learned how to create linkies, wouldn't it? Wait, on Blogger, there's a button to do that - hooray!). Here are 40 questions that you might not care to read...or they might inspire you.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Let's see...started this blog, started selling Pampered Chef (shameless plug here:
www.pamperedchef.com/stephtomkitchen), rescued a dog from death's door, visited a winery (on more than one occasion), um...there's probably more, but I'll have to think about them.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, but we're not calling them 'resolutions' anymore. They're
goals, dammit! Sounds better.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes - Jen (one of my very good friends) gave birth on Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince premiere day (!), and my sister-in-law about two weeks after that.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
 No, thank God.

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Less body fat and more knowledge and the ability and stamina to blog at least three times a week.

6. What countries did you visit?
Um...the good ol' U S of A (and there was the Silverwind Galaxy and the Outland Galaxy. Go ahead, ask. I dare you.)

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
There were so many.February 15th. May 21st. July 15th. July 26th. October 24th. December 25th.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting my own business (hey, Pampered Chef counts!)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking up for myself as I should.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than the random cold, I was very healthy this year.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

My Doc Marten shoes. I LOVE them...and they only cost me $5 at a yard sale!


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Probably Duke's (the dog). He just wasn't getting 'stay,' and Daisy (dog - and NO, it wasn't intentional) figured if he wasn't going to stay, neither was she. One morning, it finally clicked with him, and they both 'stay' on command.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Let's not go there.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Coffee shop, knitting yarns, books. The list does go on.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My yearly Halloween party.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
 "You Belong to Me" by Taylor Swift, "Human" by The Killers, and absolutely anything by Lady Gaga (I lurve her). 


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Happier, I would venture to say :)
ii. thinner or fatter? The same.
 iii. richer or poorer? The same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working on my own stories so that I might one day finish them.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 Worrying about things that are SO far out of my control.  Contrary to my popular belief, I cannot save the world. (Kish, totally stealing this from you. I'm your soul sister on this one!)

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Are you kidding me? I'm not even going to THINK about that until after Thanksgiving 2010 is done!

21. "There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
I’ll make up my own question here, then. Hmmm.
Name one random thing that people would be surprised to know about you." --Aunt Becky
Um...erm...fuck, I don't know! What do you think would surprise you to learn about me?

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. I fall a little deeper every day that I wake up with my husband.

And yes, I fell in love with characters that have no basis in real fact.

23. How many one-night stands?
Let's see... Agent Booth. Dr. Hodgins. Finn (but he's a bit young...). Taylor Lautner (again, a bit young). Andrew Hale. Lalo Rodriguez. Evan Page. Oh...these all happened in my brain - not IRL!

24. What was your favorite TV program?
It's a toss-up. The only two I watch every week are Bones and Glee. And since I don't have cable? I watch them on Hulu on Friday night!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, and I will always hate that man.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenger.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Muse - they're fuckwonderful.

28. What did you want and get?
Quite a few things.

29. Must have quit this bitch.
He he he...not mine.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toss-up again: HP & the HBP or New Moon or The Blind Side.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 in February, and we just went out for dinner. This year, I'd like to plan a Sweet Sixteen X 2! :)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't want to make myself sound like a heinous cunty bitch, so I'll refrain from the 'death' answer.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
FTW - I'm happy

34. What kept you sane?
Wine, friends, and hubster


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
David Boreanaz

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same sex marriage.

37. Whom did you miss?
Loads of people

38. Who was the best new person you met?
There are a few of you, and you should know who you are!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
He he he...I don't think I learned any 'valuable' life lessons this year (score one for me!)

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Are we human, or are we dancer?

My sign is vital, my hands are cold
And I'm on my knees, looking for the answer.
Are we human, or are we dancer?"
~~The Killers, "Human"

Oh...and I know have FOUR goals (fuck resolutions) for 2010 - blog at least three times a week. Let's see how far we get. 



Heepwah, and be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.