Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chocolate is a girl's best friend...

Or at least this cake is. I made it for Mr. Realist's family reunion this past weekend...and there wasn't much left. It doesn't beg for icing.

Heck, it flat out refuses icing.

"I'm too good for icing. I don't need your sugary vibe messing up my groove!"

I make mine in a scallope Bundt pan (you know, the ones with the grooves? makes cutting even slices easier...I swear). Grease and flour that baby up and preheat your oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit)

Take one box chocolate cake mix (I use Pillsbury most of the time)
1/2 cup oil
1 cup H2O (that's water, for you non-chemist types)
4 large eggs
and one regular box of Jell-o instant chocolate pudding

Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes, pour into Bundt pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes (or until toothpick or something like it inserted comes out clean).

Cool for 25 minutes or so before removal.

Now, I've never had a cake that came out of the oven flat. They always have crowns. I used my handy-dandy cake leveler (thanks, Jen!) and cut off the rounded, uneven top (which then became the bottom).

Darn. What to do with the little cake layer? :)

It's fabulous with real vanilla ice cream...or I had it with blueberries from the remains of a fruit salad on Saturday. Or raspberries. Mmmm...blackberries might be good as well.

Hey - you're eating fruit, too!

Have another piece...I won't tell.

Heepwah,
Mrs. Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.