Wednesday, January 5, 2011

40 of Me

Since this is my 200th postie, LDs, I'm totally stealing this from Aunt Becky (she rocks my sox right off of my feet). (she's not my real Aunt, but I totally think I've got a girl crush on her) If you're just joining us here in the Lair, prop your feet up, have a brew (your call; Callahan knows every drink in the book), and spell us a tale.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Um, well...I don't rightly remember. Sue me (don't really...you won't get anything).

2. Did you keep your New Years' Resolutions and will you make more for this year? I did, and I didn't keep them. Boo.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not close to me, but yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not close, but yes.

5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010?

6. What countries did you visit? Norway. England. Ireland. Italy. O...wait...you mean actually going there? Nowhere.

7. What date from 2010 will be etched upon your memory and why?

8. What was your biggest achievment of the year?

9. What was your biggest failure? Not only not losing weight, but putting some on.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Severly strained my ACL last summer and had it diagnosed February of 2010.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing, really.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My own.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled/depressed? Again, my own.

14. Where did most of your money go? Stupid shit.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My birthday.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? "Scolding Wife" by Great Big Sea

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
i. happier or sadder? bout the same

ii. fatter or thinner? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? poorer
(wow, 2010 fucking sucked)

18. What do you wish that you'd done more of? Worked out.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Ate.

20. How will you be spending Christmas (changing to birthday, yos)? Driving. We're headed to Phoenix and leaving on my birthday.

21. Why are you so damn sexy? (there wasn't a 21 originally; Bex put this one in) Because I am, bitches.

22. Did you fall in love? Every day.

23. Any one-night stands? Can I count the imaginary ones? If yes, 37. If no, zero.

24. What was your favourite TV program? Glee. I'm a total Gleek.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year? not really

26. What was the best book that you read? The Shack

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Great Big Sea and Gaelic Storm. Fucking amazing.

28. What did you want and get? Not much.

29. (where teh fack is 29??) Fack it.

30. What was your favorite film of 2010? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Went to Fast Eddie's in Alton; I was Sweet Sixteen in 2010 (times two).

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasureably more satisfying? Losing weight. I think part of it stems from not actually playing softball this past summer.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Wear what you dig.

34. What kept you sane? My imagination.

35. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm not going there :)

36. What political issue stirred you the most? not going there either :)

37. Who did you miss? My family.

38. Who was the best new person you met? I haven't met anyone new in a while. Boo again.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson learned. Don't abuse animals. I might come egg your fucking face.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"But it was not your fault but mine/and it was your heart on the line/I really fucked it up this time/didn't I, my dear? didn't I, my dear." "Little Lion Man" Mumford and Sons.

Only time will tell how 2011 will shape up to be.

How's bout you?

Ms D
Heepwah, and be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.