Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 9 through ?

I've definitely been slacking on this one, LDs. So, we're gonna run in machine-gun procession:

Day 9: Someone you didn't want to let go, but drifted.
There's a few of them - Sarah and Becky are the two most prominent.

Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know.
Alicia. Dave. Fuck them both.

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
My purses. I find them on the cheap and everyone loves them. Course, the tables get turned back on me when I compliment them! :)

Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Um, the size of my ass? Mr Realist likes it...but that makes one of us. :)

Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough-ass days.
Alanis Morrisette - you fucking ruled my player when I was a senior in high school. Journey - fucking ruled any breakup I ever had.

Day 14: A hero who has let you down.
At one point, my mom. She was my hero, then she lost it. She's back to hero status, though. :)

Day 15: Something or someone you couldn't live without, because you've tried.
Mr Realist. March of 2002, we mutually decided to spend some time apart because he was 1.5 hours away, and I was struggling with my last semester of college and was being a real bitch. It hurt way more than Chad and Bob. But it obviously worked out. We celebrated our fifth year of marriage in September.

Day 16: Someone or something that you definitely could live without.
All the weight I'm carrying around. :)

Day 17: A book you've read that changed your views on something.
Sorry. I guess I'm not reading the right kind of books.

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
You know, people say that allowing gays (lesbians, transgendered, etc.) to get married would be ruining the sanctity of marriage. So, Larry King (married seven times), Elizabeth Taylor (married eight times), Pam Anderson (married three times), William Shatner (married four times)...these people aren't ruining the sanctity of marriage? We're arguing over a piece of paper. A true marriage is run on trust, compromise, faith, and love.

Day 19: What do you think of religion? or of politics?
Religion has gotten way too big for its britches. Why is it ok if I beat my husband and my kids, drank all the time, cheated on my taxes, and hid all of it but went to church regularly, that I'd be considered a good Christian? Bullshit.
"Religion says you have to pray in a church. Jesus says 'church is wherever you pray.'"
"Religion says you have to believe/follow what the priest/pastor/deacon says. Jesus says 'Follow and believe in me.'"

Politics is a bunch of crooks fattening their pockets. Anyone who believes they can change the system...can't. There's too many of them for you to beat.

I'll get days 20 through 30 up later.

Heepwah, and be safe out there.

Ms D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.