Monday, November 22, 2010

1-10...let's try it again.

LDs, I'm not going to Bitch and Moan today. I'm just too frustrated about it. I am, however, going to give you one through ten.

This was originally supposed to be a 30 Day Blog Challenge, but I can't motivate myself to do that.

So I'm going to do ten at a time. Which is why yesterday's postie had 1-10 as the subject. Obviously, I'm an idiot.

Day 1 - your favorite song
Just one? "Amazed" by Lonestar or "The Dance" by Garth Brooks.
"Amazed" was what Mr Realist determined was our song, and it's the one I came down the aisle hearing at our wedding.
"The Dance" was our first dance, both as a couple and husband & wife. Mr Realist went home the weekend of Homecoming his first year in college because a rival school was having their Homecoming and a friend from high school had already asked him to go because it was a group of people they all went to HS with. I didn't get a Homecoming dance (lame, I know...). A couple of weekends later, we were headed to his hometown, and I made a point to say something: "I just think it sucks that Heather got her Homecoming dance, and I didn't...and I'm your girlfriend." Mr Realist stopped the car (we were on a remote backroad), flipped through his CDs, popped one in, skipped to a song, and we danced on the gravel road to Garth Brooks.

Day 2 - your favorite movie
Any of the Harry Potter movies. The Princess Bride. E.T. Steel Magnolias.

Day 3 - your favorite television program
I have two, actually. Glee and Bones. Love love love them, and I'm glad that I can see them on Hulu!

Day 4 - your favorite book
You're killing me, Smalls. Any Harry Potter. Of course, it might be easier to tell you fave authors. :)
Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse)
Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Saga -- I know, most people don't)
JRR Tolkien (LOTR and The Hobbit, and I'm trying to work my way through The Silmarillon (sp?))
Julia Quinn, Judith McNaught, Piers Anthony, Lyndsey Sands, Shane Moore, Dean Koontz, Linda Lael Miller...the list goes on. :)

Day 5 - your favorite quote
I have two: "what would you do if you knew you could not fail?" (seen on a paperweight) and "You can do or not do what you were gonna do, but you can't not do what you did." (Clare, Unspoken for Time)

Day 6 - 20 of your favorite things
these are in no specific order!
1. husband
2. friends
3. wine
4. books
5. sleep
6. imagining things
7. knitting
8. food
9. family
10. daisies
11. dogs
12. horses
13. Camp Ondessonk
14. solitude
15. movies
16. dirt
17. new mown hay
18. clean sheets dried in the sun
19. fresh powdery snow
20. rain

Day 7 - a photo that makes you happy
This is Mr Realist and I at a Cardinals game in July. Gotta love the tickets that are given to you!!

Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad
This is a favorite professor that I will never see again...never see him smile, never hear his beautiful tenor voice, never hear him tell me that I can sing,ever again. David, I miss you.

Day 9 - a photo you took
I took the one of Mr Realist and me...with my iPhone :)

Day 10 - a photo taken over 10 years ago of you
and that's something I don't have on this computer. I'll have to scan some oldies but goodies and show them off to y'all.

Ok...I'm tired, and I have a long day tomorrow - work, visitation an hour north, and darts....

Heepwah, and be safe out there, will ya?

Ms D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.