Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Diamonds...

are a girl's best friend (so the song goes). Diamonds aren't my best friend; however, I do covet a beautiful pair of princess cut earrings.

For about the last year or so, I've been lamenting the fact that I don't have a pair of diamond earrings (I did when I got my ears pierced for the first time, but I've since lost one of the earrings...need to find the one remaining and get my cartilage pierced). They don't have to be ginormous. I'd prefer them to be about 1/3 of a carat each (so that they match my engagement ring).

Here's a funny story for you about said earrings. I'd been hinting around to Mr Realist last year for about the four months before Christmas. One day in late November, he comes to me and says "I have your big Christmas present ordered, and I know you'll love it."

O holy hells, LDs. Guess where my mind immediately pounced? Yep. Diamonds.

He teased and tormented me mercilessly until Christmas about what would be under the tree for me. Of course, I had to go snooping (right, Kisha?).

Asshat left the present at work! He told me this the weekend before Christmas because he knew I'd snoop for it. Grr.

So, anyway - Christmas morning before we go to my grandparents, he's playing Santa, doling out presents and putting others in bags for the niece and nephew (not really nephew, but we're 20 years apart) and stacking his to the side. I got several flat boxes (DVDs), a thicker box (book), and lotion and powder and a pair of silver hoop earrings that I was drooling over the week before because I didn't have a pair of small silver hoop earrings (they were like $10, so perfect for a stocking stuffer). I'd unwrapped all of my stuff.

No earrings.
But Mr Realist has a shit-eating smirk on his face.

He pulls a box from behind his back, about the size of a thick paperback. I immediately think: "He's wrapped it like another book, but they're in there, I know it."

He hands the box to me...and it's fucking heavy. Like brick heavy. So he filled it in with concrete - so what? As long as those pretty sparklies (Jeremy the Crow, anyone?) are smiling up at me, I don't care how the hell he wrapped the box.

I tear into the paper. It's a plain white box. All taped shut. I have to get out the pocketknife to cut the tape.

I open the box...

Gleaming up at me was something I had wanted for a long, long time.

It's a HiPoint 9mm firearm. Jet black, high impact polymer and steel. Made in the USA. Fits my hand perfectly.

You thought I was going to say diamonds, didn't you?

Nope. I did cry, though. We'd been talking about getting me a gun for the longest time. Mr Realist has his own 9mm and a lever-action .22 Henry rifle. I hate going shooting and having to wait for someone else to be done so I can have my turn. Now, I don't have to wait. :)

And yes, I did and DO absoballylutely love the surprise!

However, our 5th anniversary is coming up in 23 days (holy shit, it IS September!), and I'm still hoping for those sparklies.

But I'd take a shotgun.

~~
There is a reason behind this postie, LDs. Kisha is having a giveaway on her blog. If you'd like some free sparklies, go check her out.

OR you can get them yourself at www.DiamondEarrings.org - apparently all they cost is shipping. Of course, they're not real diamonds, but they certainly look like them, and they are set in sterling silver.

And I'll take faux sparklies. As long as they look good.

Heepwah, and be safe out there

Your sparkly-lovin
Ms D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.