Sunday, September 26, 2010

Please Forgive Me

Please don't think less of me, LDs, seeing as how I haven't posted a frackin' thing in over a week!

So here I am, sitting at the kitchen table, listening to the sounds of Super Mario Bros 3 coming from the Wii, and pondering the finer points of ... well ... anything!

Mr Realist, Aunt & Uncle & Cousin Dreamer were all down at Camp last weekend (Heepwah!), and had a blast, as usual. Mumsy Dreamer and I are going down for Mother/Daughter Weekend the second weekend in October (can't wait, seeing as how Mumsy has never seen Camp. Boo.).

We were on vacation all week last week. It was a staycation since we're saving up to go to Phoenix in February to watch Brother Realist graduate from MMS (motorcycle mechanic school). Looking forward to warmth right around my birthday! We did get some things accomplished, however. Our living room has a new floor - well, new to us.

See, someone in their wrong mind put carpet in the living room. Don't get me wrong - I like the warmth it gave during the winter, and it was a really pretty blue. It would have gone beautifully with the navy curtains and the yellow walls (curtains exist, wall color is still in process). But there were a couple of rather large stains that just were not coming out. We decided that we were going to pull up a corner and see what it looked like. Much to our surprise, we found some really nice hardwood. Not laminate, but actual wood! There are a few spots that need to be filled, and there's paint splotches around the edge of the room from where they painted the walls white, but once it's sanded, cleaned, and sealed, it's going to be awesome.

Mowed and cleaned the bathroom and living room and Mr Realist cut some low-lying tree branches and played wiffle ball yesterday. Mostly, the rest of the week was much-needed relaxation.

O, Mr Realist and I celebrated our 5th anniversary as a married couple on Friday the 24th! I loves me some hubsand!

My most sincere apologies, again, for not posting for the last week. I've been in kind of a rut, and I'm determined to dig myself out!

Heepwah, and be safe out there.

Your 'really doesn't want to go back to work tomorrow because she will have a week's worth of shit to catch up on and doesn't want to do it. At. All.'

Ms Dreamer

PS~I've got a couple things in mind for Bitch and Moan Monday tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.