Monday, February 22, 2010

What's a Moral?

No, not a morel. That's a fantastic 'shroom that only grows for about 7.5 seconds in the wet spring. :)

A moral. The dictionary defines a moral as:
"principles or habits with respect to right or wrong conduct."

Anne Mott says:
"The core, ethical concepts in which you most passionately belive are the language in which you are writing." pg 103

What is is that you believe in your core? Values, morals, etc. Write in a way that is fair and balanced but real and honest.

What do I believe?
~I believe in God, not religion. If you're confused as to what I mean, check out Pastor Ryan's site, This Is Reverb; his post Religion is phenomenal.
~I believe that I am destined for something great. I just don't know what that greatness is.
~I believe in playground rules: Share the monkey bars. Don't push on the slide. Everyone gets a turn.
~I believe in equality...ALL kinds.
~I believe in peace and prayer.

What do I value?
~Life.
~Family.
~Friendship.
~Love.
~Faith.
~Honesty.
~Truth.

This was all spouted off in a matter of minutes. I'm sure if given the time, I could come up with a better list.

I have morals. Sometimes they're just not that visible.

And I'm not sure I want to change that. They're my morals.

And if yours happen to be the same as mine...all the more reason for us to be friends, right?

Heepwah, and be safe out there.

Moral Mrs Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.