I missed it. A couple of posties ago, it was my 250th post. Doesn't seem like that many, especially when there are those of you who blog every. day.
And are way supercooler than I could ever hope to be (Aunt Bex, anyone).
Anyway, I'm stealing this from the aforementioned auntie.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I submitted several things to Band Back Together. These were the most cathartic things I'd ever done.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Um, no, and no. My aspiration for this year is to lose 25 pounds by September. Think I can do it? Probably.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope (thank God). :)
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not close, but my Mumsy's husband died in August.
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A War Room out of the spare bedroom.
6. What countries did you visit? Do you mean places I didn't visit in my mind? None. Although, we are planning a October trip to the Riviera Maya...
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? They all kinda blend together, LDs.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I became a beginner at sewing!
9. What was your biggest failure? Two cavaties. What the actual fuck.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Messed up my knees pretty badly playing softball...and I'll play again this year!
11. What was the best thing you bought? The new HD television. Fucking full of WIN! O, that, and the new kitchen table and chairs. ;)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Husband - he got his blacksmith shop up. Now, for spring to get here so he can get out of my house and make me some stuffs!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Kim Kardashian. Gays can't get married, but a 72-DAY marriage that was done for the money is ok? Again, what the actual fuck.
14. Where did most of your money go? Miscellaneous crap. Sigh.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I'm in a book, LDs. Like an actual, paper and ink, bound book. "The Apocalypse of Enoch" comes out June 23rd, 2012. Get it. Read it. Love me.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier. My meds are in control and they're working like a champ!
ii. thinner or fatter? a smidgen fatter.
.iii. richer or poorer? the same - we make money, we spend money. evensies.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Knitting. Sewing. Cleaning.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stress out about shit I have no earthly control over.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? “Thank God it’s over.”
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21. O well.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011? Every day.
23. How many one-night stands? Only in my head with fictional characters.
24. What was your favorite TV program? New Girl - Zooey Deschanel cracks my shit up!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?Nope.
26. What was the best book you read? Um...probably The Hunger Games.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Young the Giant. Check out "My Body" - it's good.
28. What did you want and get? A new watch.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmm...don't know. Tangled if we're counting ones that we just saw for the first time this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 33; we were driving to Phoenix to watch Husband's brother graduate from MMI.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Losing weight?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? "Wear what you dig, and fuck the haters."
34. What kept you sane? You're under the assumption that I'm sane now.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Neil Patrick Harris. I will always fancy him, even though he's gay.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? I detest politics and politicians - they're all crooks.
37. Who did you miss? No one - I saw everyone
38. Who was the best new person you met? Ask again later.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: Don't speed and swerve.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:(God, that seems so MySpace).I just, I can’t. I’m sorry, Meme. (yeah, leaving Aunt Bex's here).