Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then post this on your blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift. If it's a odd-size, I bag it. Boxes get wrapped. This year, I have a silver/blue theme.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...but I LURVE the smell of a real tree. Hubster wouldn't water it or pick up the needles.
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I'm feeling up to it. Hubster is not a Christmas person.
4. When do you take the tree down? The tree always stays up until January 6th (Epiphany - when the Wise Men made it to the stable)
5. Do you like eggnog? Nog of the eggs is like...well, I won't go there. Let's just say that I will never, EVER drink that noxious poison ever again.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Um...well...probably my first new bicycle.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My aunt and uncle - if they want something, they go out and buy it. Bums.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Ach - NO ONE! Tom's so indecisive, so probably my niece. Cute clothes and toys (she's eight)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I haven't gotten them out yet.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I always have the best intentions, but they never seem to happen. Maybe if I wrote them up in September? (totally stealing this answer from Mrs. Gamgee!)
11. Worst Christmas ever? Heartbreaking, but nothing that I'd like to rehash.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Dear Readers, I have not seen that in such a long time! Tom's fave is "A Christmas Story." Blech.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday. Before then, I really don't care.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, and it happened in the same year!
15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma's ham...I'm drooling just thinking about it on Christmas Day this year!
16. Lights on the tree? Pure white. Have to accent the beautiful ornaments.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have several. O Holy Night. Silent Night. Love Came Down At Christmas. And The Twelve Days After Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Ever since we got married, we've spent Christmas Day by ourselves at home in order to not piss any of the families off. I'm so bored by 2pm it's not even funny.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner/Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph :)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Usually one on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas morning. This year, it will probably be mostly on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I work for a sporting goods manufacturer - it's Christmas and Bowl Game season. All at the Same. Damn. Time.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Old ornaments. The ones we made when we were young and the ones that we've collected since we've been together.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Basically it's Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house with the addition of a Christmas ham!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Diamond earrings. You know, hubster has hinted that what I'm getting as my big present I'm only getting because he found it on sale. Wonder if it's my earrings?
Now it's your turn. If you play, please leave me the link so I can read your answers.