Friday, September 4, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

No, not the movie. The book. I'd prefer to read first, watch later. I just picked the book up last Friday, and am now finished. Spent the last 20 minutes finishing it up, and I'm going to have to read the last hundred pages or so again.

Couldn't see.

How would you react if you fell in love with a time traveler? Clare puts it simply: "I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he's ok."

For Mr. Realist, I would wait. Even though he is not a time traveler, I have waited for him in the past.

There are parts that are heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Others, you just shake your head and laugh. Most of all, it's the love that Clare and Henry have that literally transcends time.

I'd love to tell you how I felt about this book, but I can't find the words. Makes me want to snuggle up with Mr. Realist and be held safely in his embrace for the rest of eternity.

Crap. I'm beginning to not see the words again.

Stupid tears.

Mrs. Dreamer

1 comment:

  1. Being a big reader... are you in a book club or on goodreads.com? I find both to be a great way to expand the genres I read. Happy ICLW! Amanda #43

    ReplyDelete

Be safe out there.