Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chubby Cheerleader?

I was perusing Yahoo this morning while waiting on my system to boot up, and the first story I came across was this one:

Female Blogger Weight-Shames Cheerleader

Being a former high school and collegiate cheerleader, who was NEVER one of the skinny ones (gotta have bases!), I took immense offense to the hag who wrote the original piece. CBS Houston has taken it down, but I'm diligently searching for it. The Yahoo story was more on the positive side, but I found one that said that she should "either don't be a professional cheerleader or don't be pudgy." *facepalm*

You know, not everybody likes looking at super skinny girls where you can see ribs more than muscle or hip bones more than boobs. I have both slender/skinny/thin friends, and those who are built more like me (I'm fat, yos). The majority of my guy friends are more interested in a girl who can/will eat, and not just a diet salad.

Maybe she enjoys her food, but still works out to maintain a healthy weight. Maybe she's got some water-weight gain from PMS. Maybe she's tried everything to get rid of the softness in her middle, and nothing's worked, so she said "Fuck it. I'm an NBA cheerleader. As long as I can do this, I'll keep doing it, and I'm going to rock the outfit for those guys who prefer softness to hard angles."

I honestly don't know what she said to herself when this story came out. It doesn't matter. She's kicking ass and taking names in the NBA dance world, and she can KEEP rocking it. She's a new hero to girls all over who think that they have to have six-pack abs and huge boobs to do something they love.

Hell, she's a new hero to ME.

MsDreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.