Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Complete Denial

It's going to be a long day...or I hope not. It's not that I'm dreading going in for this ultrasound, but I think it's fear of what they're going to find. 

I actually read over the test request that I have to take in, and I came across a word that I was  unsure of: 'menorrhagia'. I mean, I'd come across it prior to last night in Googling "heavy periods", but I really didn't pay much attention to it.

Holy shit, I wish I would have, and asked about it before now. I guess in the last six months, year or so, it's gotten worse.

(most of you who read my blog, however infrequently I post, are female--meaning you know what periods are like. If yours are normal and bang on, I kinda dislike you. :) )

I looked it up. Dear God, this was ridiculous: (per the Mayo Clinic)


The signs and symptoms of menorrhagia may include:
  • Soaking through one or more sanitary pads or tampons every hour for several consecutive hours (Done)
  • Needing to use double sanitary protection to control your menstrual flow (Done)
  • Needing to wake up to change sanitary protection during the night (Done)
  • Bleeding for a week or longer (Not normally, but I have)
  • Passing large blood clots with menstrual flow (Done)
  • Restricting daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow (Done)
  • Symptoms of anemia, such as tiredness, fatigue or shortness of breath (Done)
Well, fuckanolis. If you deal with this, please please please go see your doctor.

I'll let you know how this goes... :P

Ms D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.