Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daydream Believer


No, that song from the Monkees was not going through my head all day (but you can damn sure it is now...argh), but it was a relatively daydream-conducive day. Sort of.


Adam Graphics says I'm scary. I'm not sure where he came up with that nonsense; but, according to him, he said it so it must be true. Hells, I don't even remember what we were talking about when he told me I was scary. I do know that my name is Stephanie. Steph is fine, Stevie if you must as well, but never, NEVER Stephie. Only my seven-year old niece and my sister in law (who is a litle slow) can call me Stephie. Adam thinks is hi-lar-i-ous, so he's turned my name into all sorts of interesting words.


Stephitaph. Stephalupagus. Stephiewepkins (don't ask...please). And Evander (that's another story for another time). He's a very talented artist, and my short name (Steph) has the perfect amount of both curves and straights for tagging. Sigh. My name has been reduced to amusement for a coworker.


Anyhoo, back to scariness. I don't remember why I'm so scary, but I do remember the conversation held between Adam and I and one of our CSers over email. Rob's weird. The gist of it was that she had an order to enter, and we got that straightened out. He called me a liar (this is all in jest), so I threw out a movie line: "One of us always tells the truth, and one of us always lies. He always lies." "I do not! I tell the truth!" "Oh, what a lie!" (if you can name the movie, take five points) but then he had to go and throw out Stephalupagus (only he spelled it 'phI). I corrected him, and he proceeded to tell me I was an imaginary, hairy elephant. Here's where my nerdiness comes into play. I shot back with that I would rather be an elekk (if you know where that's from, give yourself five more points), but if I was a stephalupagus, what did that make him? 'Big Bird' was the obvious answer...my comment back was 'or on fantastic pharmaceuticals.' One thing led to another, and Adam came back with 'I'm not touching you I'm not touching you I'm not touching you I'm not touching you.' If you've got kids or had siblings that did this, what was their/your first reaction?


MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!


Rob, being a bit older than us, took the reins without missing a beat. "Don't make me turn this car around, or stop and give you something to cry about!"


Me: "See, look what you made Mom do!" Adam said something smartassey.


Rob: "I have had it! Go to your rooms and wait until your father gets home!"


It was a fun conversation! :)

~~

So, I came up with yet another idea for a novel. Sigh again. I just want to finish ONE of them, damnit!

~~

I have a younger sister. She's 27 and the mother of my almost eight-year old niece. We don't share the paternal genes, but she is my sister. She's got the darker Italian heritage from the stepfather's side - dark hair with beautiful brown eyes; I got the lighter German stock from mother's genes - blond hair and thundercloud blue eyes. She's warm summer (browns and golds look best on her) where I am cool winter (black and silver are my staples). She's more slender and (thank the gods) shorter than I am. We are polar opposites. She is my sister and I love her.


Be safe out there


The Dreamer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be safe out there.